Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 15, 2016 7:07 PM

Oct 2016
There are a lot of weird Japanese trends, but this takes it.

What the ....

....what the fuck....

JESUS FUCK!! KILL THEM WITH FIRE

Does anyone know how this horror started? Why it continues? They are like Japasnookies

AHHHHHHH!
Nibs-Dec 15, 2016 7:11 PM
Dec 15, 2016 7:11 PM

Jul 2015
if purpose maek self standings-out
is effect too well
!
Dec 15, 2016 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
Ganguro or gyaru was supposed to be a movement back in the 80s to fight against the the gender equality that Japanese women need to be pure and passive. Stay at home. The Japanese women were stereotype as Yamato Nadeshiko and have fair silky white skin or something.

Personally, I think it was because in the 1980s the Japanese realize their economy cannot grow no more so they focus international trade to the west, thus adopt the admiration of western British women of 1920s. But that is just my opinion.
Dec 15, 2016 7:22 PM

Feb 2015
Dec 15, 2016 7:22 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah it's one thing that looks far better in 2D (except for Aikatsu Stars, wtf, those gyaru looked ugly as sin, thank goodness Mahiru gave them a makeover).

Dec 15, 2016 7:26 PM

Mar 2008
It's pretty obvious it's a counter culture. Usually Japanese admire light skin so they do the opposite.
Dec 15, 2016 7:27 PM

Aug 2016

translates to

///////////////

ill stick with 2d girls thank
Dec 15, 2016 7:52 PM

May 2013
Japanese just gotta be better at everything and that includes being a valley girl bimbo xD
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Dec 15, 2016 8:07 PM

Jul 2012
traed said:
It's pretty obvious it's a counter culture.

I agree, people are just finding a way to be different.
Dec 15, 2016 8:18 PM
Jan 2013
Kangaroos are terrifying, why do they exist?
gone bai bai
Dec 15, 2016 8:28 PM

Oct 2016
Mkim said:

So they can headlock your dog and then you have an excuse to punch an animal in the face and leave it confused.
Dec 15, 2016 8:34 PM
Jan 2013
Nibs- said:
Mkim said:

So they can headlock your dog and then you have an excuse to punch an animal in the face and leave it confused.
I can agree with that existing reason
gone bai bai
Dec 16, 2016 12:30 AM

May 2015
Ganguro is a subgenre of gyaru subculture/street fashion

Gyaru style from Koakuma Ageha 2009, a magazine geared towards the subculture.

I've read that the subculture is dead but from the looks of this article, it seems it's still going.
Dec 16, 2016 3:48 AM

May 2013
CtrlZED said:
it seems it's still going.

yeah I'm sure it's doing fine. I mean, I only heard about it in the past few years, so it couldn't have slowed down that much.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Dec 16, 2016 4:09 AM

Aug 2013
At least it's better than this:

Dec 16, 2016 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
It's called degeneration. It's much the same with western women - there are lots of whores caked in makeup with revealing clothing that look like clowns. Think of it as a reproduction technique, it's usually only used by unattractive or otherwise undesirable women.
Dec 16, 2016 4:36 AM
Jul 2018
Faederwulf said:
It's called degeneration. It's much the same with western women - there are lots of whores caked in makeup with revealing clothing that look like clowns. Think of it as a reproduction technique, it's usually only used by unattractive or otherwise undesirable women.

You lost me at degeneration.

OT: They can do whatever they want with they're bodies. Who gives a flying fuck really.
Dec 16, 2016 4:37 AM

Jun 2016
Seems like an oversaturation of their idea of western aesthetic style, quite frankly it's hideous.
There are some slightly more tasteful executions of gyaru style however, still, not sure if it's my cup of tea.
Dec 16, 2016 4:40 AM

Jan 2009
i bet if they lose the white line makeups on their faces they will become as attractive as hot morena girls
Dec 16, 2016 4:40 AM
Jul 2018
Darek said:
Faederwulf said:

OT: They can do whatever they want with they're bodies. Who gives a flying fuck really.

So you're fine with dating/marrying used meat, that are statistically more likely to be unhappy in a relationship/marriage, more likely to divorce and more likely to cheat? I hate to share, personally.
Dec 16, 2016 4:42 AM

May 2013
Faederwulf said:

So you're fine with dating/marrying used meat, that are statistically more likely to be unhappy in a relationship/marriage, more likely to divorce and more likely to cheat? I hate to share, personally.

You haven't been around very many pretty women, have you...
I CELEBRATE myself,
Dec 16, 2016 4:47 AM
Jul 2018
Faederwulf said:
Darek said:

lol, "used meat" well I hate to say and I can't believe that I am typing those words right now but that is quite misogynistic if you ask me. You sound like religious ideologues with their morals.

"I hate to share" not into netorare myself either.
Dec 16, 2016 4:50 AM

Jul 2014
At least the 2D version of ganguro looks slightly better...

....sort of. ( ̄▽ ̄)
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 16, 2016 5:11 AM
Jul 2018
Darek said:
Faederwulf said:

lol, "used meat" well I hate to say and I can't believe that I am typing those words right now but that is quite misogynistic if you ask me. You sound like religious ideologues with their morals.

Look, to me this sort of thing is just instinctual knowledge, reinforced by statistics and the fact that thousands of years of history has attested to it's success (as opposed to times where civilisations crumble, one of the causes (and symptoms) always being that men let women run loose in exchange for the freedom to put their wiener in any woman they want so long as it's consensual). The ancients were not immune to this disaster, here is an ancient play about the same thing that plagues us today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assemblywomen

xrockxz89 said:
Faederwulf said:

Quite a few, actually. Being attractive is important for a woman, but so is being a virgin.
Dec 16, 2016 5:41 AM

Oct 2016
Faederwulf said:
Darek said:

Look, to me this sort of thing is just instinctual knowledge, reinforced by statistics and the fact that thousands of years of history has attested to it's success (as opposed to times where civilisations crumble, one of the causes (and symptoms) always being that men let women run loose in exchange for the freedom to put their wiener in any woman they want so long as it's consensual). The ancients were not immune to this disaster, here is an ancient play about the same thing that plagues us today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assemblywomen

xrockxz89 said:

Quite a few, actually. Being attractive is important for a woman, but so is being a virgin.

Dude, that whole virgin thing makes you sound like a complete beta male. Good luck finding a girl who is a virgin, unless you're 16 or something. Only guys who feel inadequate feel that way about women being "pure"

Also @Darek

You sound like a white knight turd... "muh-soginy"...
Nibs-Dec 16, 2016 6:26 AM
Dec 16, 2016 5:53 AM

May 2013
Faederwulf said:

Well I was just thinking, maybe that was why it pisses you off when women don't conform to you standards, you take it personally for god knows what reason.

There's no reason to have oppressive standards, man. Forget about degeneration, that's called 'limiting people's potential.' If you want to see humanity thrive, you'll forget all about your superiority complex.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Dec 16, 2016 5:56 AM

Oct 2016
Lux_Lucis said:
Huh so they saw the western women of the 80's, took them as inspiration, and that's the result?
Thank good back then women did not look anything like today coz this shit could have been a whole lot crazier.

But why all the hate? We have so many things, pushing the bottom lower everyday, that make Ganguro look classy.
The 1st pic google gave me and I don't even need to look further:

Unfortunately, that's probably what 85% of the females on this website look like
Dec 16, 2016 6:28 AM

Mar 2014
We've got them here in Sweden too

They're called "fjortisar" here

Although it's been years since I last saw one so maybe that fashion trend has died out
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 16, 2016 6:44 AM

Oct 2016
Comic_Sans said:
We've got them here in Sweden too

They're called "fjortisar" here

Although it's been years since I last saw one so maybe that fashion trend has died out

I had to look it up...

You have got to be kidding me haha

What the fuck is going on with dude in the bottom right? They are all goofy, but that one looks diseased or something

Dec 16, 2016 6:48 AM

Mar 2014
Nibs- said:
I had to look it up...

You have got to be kidding me haha

What the fuck is going on with dude in the bottom right? They are all goofy, but that one looks diseased or something

[im*g]https://i.imgur.com/MW36W7V.jpg[/img]
No idea

But I'm glad fjortisar seem to be out of fashion nowadays
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 16, 2016 10:22 AM

Apr 2015
My attraction to a woman's looks is an interesting thing.
Typically, I'm interested in women who are minimalistic or totally void of makeup. I mean, lipstick and eyeliner is fine, but the more they put on, the less attracted I am.

And then we run into Ganguro, and my preference goes nearly 180. Few fashion trends get me interested in a women more then the Ganguro trend, and it is one of the few things I wish joined the stateside counter-culture.

Key word being interested. Not necessarily sexually attracted, even that also is true. That is one hell of a first impression, and I'm instantly curious in striking up a conversation to find out the reasons why they do it, and the way they do it.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Dec 16, 2016 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
I actually like how colorful the style usually is, but I don't really like the make up with the tanned skin and all that. I do like most Japanese street fashion, though... especially decora and lolita.
Dec 16, 2016 11:05 AM

Mar 2008
@InsaneLeader13

I hope you're joking because that fake tan look is awful but if you like bold artsy makeup that does exists in the west

Dec 16, 2016 11:53 AM

Nov 2016
Ganguro is funny. We wouldn't have Jynx as a pokémon if it weren't for them.
Dec 16, 2016 12:10 PM

Apr 2015
traed said:
@InsaneLeader13

I hope you're joking because that fake tan look is awful but if you like bold artsy makeup that does exists in the west

I'm not joking, but those examples are neat also.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Dec 16, 2016 1:08 PM

May 2015
Darek said:
Who gives a flying fuck really.

Exactly, who the hell cares what people wear.

xrockxz89 said:
CtrlZED said:
it seems it's still going.

yeah I'm sure it's doing fine. I mean, I only heard about it in the past few years, so it couldn't have slowed down that much.

Damn, I feel old. I first heard of this in 2005, so hella old news by internet standards.
Dec 16, 2016 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
xrockxz89 said:
Faederwulf said:

Well I was just thinking, maybe that was why it pisses you off when women don't conform to you standards, you take it personally for god knows what reason.

There's no reason to have oppressive standards, man. Forget about degeneration, that's called 'limiting people's potential.' If you want to see humanity thrive, you'll forget all about your superiority complex.

How's it oppressive? Is it oppressive for a woman to want a man who is strong, able to defend her and her family, is wise, domineering, and otherwise a good man? Of course not. Is it oppressive for a man to want a woman who is virginal and pure (therefore unlikely to be unfaithful or otherwise a nuisance), attractive, and submissive? Of course not. It's the natural configuration of things. If every man refuses to marry non-virgins and is vocal about it, as time passes there will be very few unmarried non-virgins.

Nibs- said:
Faederwulf said:

Dude, that whole virgin thing makes you sound like a complete beta male. Good luck finding a girl who is a virgin, unless you're 16 or something. Only guys who feel inadequate feel that way about women being "pure"

Also @Darek

You sound like a white knight turd... "muh-soginy"...

Not accepting used goods makes me beta? There's a reason females have hymens. I can supply the statistics for you if you want, that show that the more sexual partners a woman has the more likely she is to divorce, to be unhappy, and to cheat. When you say "unless you're 16", are you implying there's something strange about an adult man going for a girl that age (although personally that's only 3 years from my own age, regardless of your strange morals)? Females first display signs intended to attract males at puberty, and females are at their peak attractiveness around the time of their menarche. Their are plenty of females who claim to be "asexual" or simply abstain from sex, because they're afraid of being used and dumped - so finding a good virgin to marry is simple, so long as you're a good man yourself and are willing to prove your worth. Here's a video on the topic I find agreeable:

Dec 16, 2016 8:15 PM

May 2013
Faederwulf said:
xrockxz89 said:

How's it oppressive? Is it oppressive for a woman to want a man who is strong, able to defend her and her family, is wise, domineering, and otherwise a good man? Of course not. Is it oppressive for a man to want a woman who is virginal and pure (therefore unlikely to be unfaithful or otherwise a nuisance), attractive, and submissive? Of course not. It's the natural configuration of things. If every man refuses to marry non-virgins and is vocal about it, as time passes there will be very few unmarried non-virgins.

it's quite alright to have your own opinions, but you seem to be truly condemning women who don't fit that standard, and that isn't right... your words do have meaning. ..
I CELEBRATE myself,
Dec 16, 2016 9:29 PM
Jul 2018
xrockxz89 said:
Faederwulf said:

it's quite alright to have your own opinions, but you seem to be truly condemning women who don't fit that standard, and that isn't right... your words do have meaning. ..

My words are a rational truth, I try not to allow emotions to ruin my sanity and lead me to bad decisions. If hurting the feelings of a few women now leads to many women in the future being able to make good decisions, that's fine by me. Women who sleep around will ultimately be miserable anyway. Men are driven by sexual desires, women are driven by emotional desires and a desire to make those around them happy - so who is more to blame? Arguably, men. If men only care for their base desires, the women around them will reflect this attitude, and act like whores.
Dec 17, 2016 2:31 AM

Oct 2016
Faederwulf said:
xrockxz89 said:

My words are a rational truth, I try not to allow emotions to ruin my sanity and lead me to bad decisions. If hurting the feelings of a few women now leads to many women in the future being able to make good decisions, that's fine by me. Women who sleep around will ultimately be miserable anyway. Men are driven by sexual desires, women are driven by emotional desires and a desire to make those around them happy - so who is more to blame? Arguably, men. If men only care for their base desires, the women around them will reflect this attitude, and act like whores.

Being a whore and sleeping with a few people are two different things entirely. By your logic, if a female has sex with one or two guys in her young adult life she's a filthy used up slut that you wouldn't have sex with.

This leads me to believe you are either

A) Nuts
B) Wildly insecure
C) Unable to get laid (likely because of A and B)
D) You're gay
E) You're impotent and therefore angry

With your wildly outdated mentality, you quite literally will never get pussy in your entire life, unless it's with some wildly sheltered and sexually repressed girl.

You remind me of one of those cult guys who is 45 and bangs "pure" 16 year old kids or something.
Nibs-Dec 17, 2016 3:28 AM
Dec 17, 2016 2:50 AM
Feb 2011
Aren't there like up to 10 if not more of different types of ganguro? Some of them aren't that bad.
Dec 17, 2016 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
Nibs- said:
Faederwulf said:

Being a whore and sleeping with a few people are two different things entirely. By your logic, if a female has sex with one or two guys in her young adult life she's a filthy used up slut that you wouldn't have sex with.

A) Nuts
B) Wildly insecure
D) You're gay

With your wildly outdated mentality, you quite literally will never get pussy in your entire life, unless it's with some wildly sheltered and sexually repressed girl.

You remind me of one of those cult guys who is 45 and bangs "pure" 16 year old kids or something.

Is insulting your perception of my character all you can do? You haven't asked for the statistics I said I would provide, and instead of making an argument you're calling me a homosexual, bad with women, crazy, etc. I don't care if somebody views my beliefs as "outdated", because not only am I confident in my own views, I understand that mankind doesn't constantly improve in a forward direction - various things are constantly either improving or becoming worse, often due to human error. I don't care about "getting pussy" unless I'm impregnating a female, after all, why should I? I try my best not to use females purely to satiate my lust. 16 year olds are kids in your book? Please, there are (unfortunately) countless females even aged 14 and younger that are already on the cock carousel, out drinking themselves sick and wasting their youth away. I'm sure the adults of ages past would be disgusted at the actions of their descendants. As for you claiming I remind you of 45 year olds, as a 19 year old I'll take it as a compliment that I'm mature ahead of my years, although I'm certainly not a member of a cult.
Dec 17, 2016 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
Nibs- said:
Faederwulf said:

A) Nuts
B) Wildly insecure
D) You're gay

His avatar is apparently a symbol associated with Nazism. What the hell else do you expect from someone like that?
Jan 29, 2021 8:19 AM

Jul 2016
i think it's pretty cool and interesting like many counter cultures in japan are

Im also a pretty big fan of 2000 fashion so it appeals to me ofc

More topics from this board

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

84 by Auron_ »»
36 minutes ago

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything?

Ejrodiew - May 1

40 by Rinrinka »»
56 minutes ago

» How do you travel daily

ST63LTH - Yesterday

23 by unn »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps? ( 1 2 )

Miscanthus - Apr 27

53 by unn »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Bear or Man?

_Nette_ - Today

23 by Rhae »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.