Unable to change Paypal name and lift my account restrictions

sunyizhuo
Contributor
Contributor

How can I solve the problem of my account restriction? I mistakenly submitted the wrong name during registration, causing my account restriction to be unremoved

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

sunyizhuo
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot change my name, cannot remove account restrictions, cannot unbind the Visa credit card, and cannot cancel my account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sunyizhuo 

You submitted the wrong name? You don't know your name???

Sadly if its not your legal name that can be proved with a legal document then that account is useless to you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sunyizhuo
Contributor
Contributor

Why can't I use Paypal anymore? I just submitted my name change application yesterday. Why do you say that I violated the rules?@kernowlass 

20201203130615.png20201203123040.png

Login to Me Too

sunyizhuo
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Legal documents can prove my name, I have submitted it to the review portal, but just today I saw a permanent restriction on my use of my Paypal account, and I don’t understand what regulations I violated

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sunyizhuo 

If you didn't use your legal name on your account then you broke paypal rules and they no longer sadly want you as a customer.

You can't change from one name to another, you can only change it for 2 minor character errors or for legal reasons.

Any documents you supply have to show the name on your account is your legal name or 2 characters incorrect OR has been legally changed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sunyizhuo
Contributor
Contributor

I submitted a legal document, and the customer service said that I will be notified by email on December 8.

Isn't this deceiving me?

20201203191431.png

Login to Me Too

sunyizhuo
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I submitted a legal document, and the customer service said that I will be notified by email on December 8.

Isn't this deceiving me?

20201203191431.png

Login to Me Too

sunyizhuo
Contributor
Contributor
This is what the customer service told me, and I submitted it correctly.
Thank you for the confirmation with regards to the name on the account, I have gained the clarity regarding the situation and not to worry I shall assure to help you with the further process for sure.

Since you have mentioned that you had used a different name other than your actual legal name while you had created the account we will need you to resend some documentation that you had already provided and also provide a name change request letter to our portal as well.

Just to reiterate the documentation that we will need from your end, I shall list the documentation that you will need to provide to our portal.

You will have to upload the following documents:

1. Proof of Identity.

2. Proof of Address.
3. A name change request letter where you have explained the situation regarding the difference in the name on the account and the legal documentation as you mentioned to me on our conversation

For a proof of identity, my kind request to you is that you resend the Driving Licence along with the translated version to our portal.
And for a proof of address you will have to upload a utility bill or a bank statement or card statement or a tax letter where your name, address, date of issue, logo of the document and all the 4 corners of the documentation are visible.

The name change request letter can be a written statement or a typed documentation.

I will ensure to help you with the further process that is the information on how you will need to send the documentation to us too. My kind request to you is that you complete the steps below and send the documentation .

Here's how to request a name change on your account if there is an error in your name:
  1. Click theSettings icon next to "Log out".

2. Click Edit next to your name.

3. Select the type of name change you would like to make and follow the instructions:

• Change your legal name

• Update your name

• Make a minor correction (you will be able to fix a typo of 1 or 2 characters only once)

If any documents are required, please submit all supporting documents for your name change request. Documents need to be legible and applicable to your request.

Once we've received all required information and documentation as listed, we'll review your request and get back to you within 3-5 business days that is to your email.

Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can.

I think this is an obvious fraud, defrauding customers

20201203202225.png20201203202449.png
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sunyizhuo 

If you don't believe me then SCROLL DOWN to Paypal Olivias reply in this thread.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Is-it-possible-to-change-a-first-quot-fake-quot-name/...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.