Problem trying to change name

dalyer
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using PayPal since 2001 but for some reason PayPal decided to limit access to my account for no obvious reason the other day. To fix this I need to first change the name on my account to my official name (e.g. Anthony instead of Tony). I've gone through this process twice submitting the required documentation in both cases (photo id and bank statement) but the issue is still not resolved and PayPal don't seem to be doing anything about it. It also seems impossible to log a support ticket other than about a specific transaction which is not the case here. Why on earth don't they deal with this quicker or at least provide some sort of status update? I didn't even get an email when I submitted my id documentation which is why I submitted the same info a second time asssuming that the first attempt failed or something. Really frustrating especially since even when I get this sorted I then have to tackle the account limitation issue. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dalyer 

You can only change a name for 2 minor characters or for legal reasons so not sure your name change will be successful unfortunately but good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dalyer
Contributor
Contributor
They explain how to change it from a nickname to your official name (e.g. on passport) by providing them with the relevant id documentation (e.g. government photo id and a bank/utility/tax document). In fact they insist on me doing this before I can go through the account limitation remediation process. I've followed this process but they haven't done anything or even given a status update. Can't understand why, after c. 20 years, they suddenly have a problem with my id....
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dalyer 

If you don't believe me then try paypal...........scroll down to Paypal Olivias post.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Is-it-possible-to-change-a-first-quot-fake-quot-name/...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dalyer
Contributor
Contributor
I don't understand what your point is. Yes I know you can change a name by two letters. But that's irrelevant here as the change needs more than two letters changed. So I had to submit the documentation that I mentioned above but nothing has happened and PayPal are not sending any update or responding to my complaint. To be honest I think I'll just close my account and forget about using PayPal. Not worth the hassle. I'm registered since 2001 and yet they create this hassle. Ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

dalyer
Contributor
Contributor

Just to be clear this is the option that I am trying to use because my PayPal name is not my legal name (as I mentioned earlier it's similar to my name being Tony Smith on the account but Anthony Smith on official documentation - this is not my actual name by the way - just an example).

Image 097.png

And I have submitted the requested documentation (twice) but still no action or update from PayPal...

Image 098.png

Really poor service. 🙄

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.